DIY FACEMASK FOR DRY SKIN
I do a facemask every Friday and it does get a bit expensive buying a new one each week, so I decided to make my own DIY facemask using the everyday food items already in my kitchen. This exfoliating mask is great for dry skin.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bowl, tablespoon and fork
- 2 tbsp plain oats
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 banana (or one small banana)
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Slice the bananas and put them in a bowl with the honey and oats
- Mash and mix the ingredients together to create a paste
- Rub the mixture into your skin for 5 minutes
- Leave the mask on your face for 20 minutes
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry
The oats act as a natural and gentle exfoliator to remove the dead skin, the honey is full of anti-bacterial properties that helps with inflammation and bananas have lots of vitamins and nutrients in them. You’ll probably get messy using this DIY facemask but it’s worth it for the soft skin afterwards!
Will you be trying this DIY facemask? Let me know!