It’s that time of the month again (no, not that time-of-the-month) where I talk about the makeup and skincare products I’ve been loving over the last four weeks. I actually skipped June’s favourites, which means I have loads to talk about this month! If you’d like to see what my Worsts are this month, I’ll be posting a Hits + Misses video on my YouTube channel in a few days.
Links are affiliated which means I get a tiny percentage of commission that goes towards keeping the blog afloat, but all opinions are my own as always!
My Favourites this month are mostly makeup. I haven’t tried too many new skincare products and what I have tried I haven’t been completely blown away with yet besides a couple of bits, but I have been venturing out of my comfort zone with a few makeup items and have been pleasantly surprised.
- Garnier SkinActive Cleansing Milk with Rose Water – I needed some makeup remover and I wanted to add some rose water into my skincare routine (check out this post to see why) so I picked this cleanser up in Superdrug for just £3.49. It’s a very thick, moisturising cleanser which helps with my dry skin and is also suitable for sensitive skin too, which means it’s extremely gentle and soothing. It removes makeup well and will last for ages, too. You can pick it up here.
- First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads – I received these cleansing pads in a LookFantastic box (this one) and I am running out of them! They feel really cooling on the skin and help with dullness and dryness, as well as exfoliating, cleansing and toning all in one. I’ve loved using them in the morning to feel refreshed. You can pick them up here and sign up for the LookFantastic Beauty Box here.
- Skin Therapy Face Wipes – Sometimes, after I’ve had a long day or it’s late at night I won’t do my usual full makeup removal and skincare routine and instead turn to my faithful makeup wipes. These makeup wipes are the first ones I’ve found to fully remove my mascara without being too harsh on my skin! I still want to wash my face with my Omorovicza Cleansing Foam afterwards, but these facial wipes are the best I’ve found. You can pick them up at wilko for really cheap, which is even better.
- I♥Makeup Naked Chocolate Palette – I have so many of these chocolate palettes, so I knew I was going to pick this one up at some point. I’m so glad I did, and I wish I’d picked it up sooner! The palette has so many perfect neutral shades for an everyday look, but you can also easily take it to ‘night-time’ by using the darker shades and ramping up the shimmer. The shadows are easily blendable so you don’t have to be scared of the darker shades. You can get this from TAMBeauty (worldwide) or from Superdrug (UK+Ireland) for £7.99.
- MUA Fire Vixen Palette – MUA recently released a range of 15-shade palettes, including this one. The formula of their shadows were improved greatly from their previous shadow palettes and so these ones are very pigmented and very pretty! I was actually drawn to the two matte grey shades in the centre of the palette, as it was something different I hadn’t seen before in a warm-toned palette. I’ve enjoyed making different looks with this and I’m thinking about investing in another palette in the collection! You can pick this one up for a fiver from Superdrug.
- Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Palette – I won’t lie, it bugs me that I haven’t got the Iconic 1 or 2, but this palette has become my go-to everyday palette recently, and I’m really enjoying using it both on its own and paired with other palettes. I’m loving the rose-gold eyeshadow looks I’ve been creating with it and it’s such good quality for just £4. It’s also a Naked 3 dupe, if you hadn’t have guessed already! You can get yours from Superdrug or TAMBeauty!
- eBay/EcoTools brushes – These are the four main brushes I’ve been using for my eye makeup recently and they’ve made blending my eyeshadow an absolute dream. I use the rainbow brush to put some transition down, the small pink brush to define my crease, the shader brush to place darker colours in my outer corner and the big pink brush to blend it all together. It’s such a perfect combo of brushes and I love the quality of the EcoTools brushes especially. You can find EcoTools in Superdrug or Boots! The other brushes are from eBay.
- Makeup Revolution Iconic Matte Lipstick (Chauffeur) – I believe the original Chauffeur lipstick has been in a previous Favourites before, but I snatched up the matte version a couple of weekends back and I am in love all over again. This is my ultimate perfect nude; it’s not too warm or too cool-toned, doesn’t make it look like I have concealer lips and has a stunning formula as well. Either the matte or the satin finish of this lipstick is worth a buy, especially at the price. Find the matte one at Superdrug or TAMBeauty and find the satin finish at Superdrug or TAMbeauty too, both for £3.
- Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray – I only have the 30ml travel-sized version of this as I’m poor, but I’m only going to be using this on special occasions! I’ve never really thought about setting sprays before, until I used this on a night out, where we did a pub crawl and it was pouring with rain the entire time. My makeup didn’t budge! In fact, it looked like I had just put it on when the time came to take it all off. I was seriously impressed and will definitely be repurchasing when I run out.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion Eye Primer – Another Urban Decay product that’s been a cult favourite for a very long time but I’m late to the game yet again! I’ve been using this with eyeshadows that crease, or when I know my hayfever will be playing up and my eyes will be a watery mess and this eye primer keeps them looking perfect all day! Paired with the All-Nighter, it’s a winning combination!
- Nyx Stay Matte But Not Flat Foundation – I don’t want to alarm anyone, but I had to get the second shade up of this foundation. I KNOW. I’m the shade Alabaster, which is slightly pink-toned rather than yellow, so shade 002 matched me better than 001. It doesn’t completely mattify me as I have quite healthy skin (humble brag) but it definitely helps with pores and has great coverage. It’s only £6 from Boots!
- Maybelline Master Strobing Liquid (Light) – I’m really enjoying using strobing cream or liquid highlight at the moment, especially in the summer months when I don’t want to pile on powder (I’ve done a whole post about Strobing and I have a video about my summer makeup routine). I really love this pink, pearlescent-looking strobing liquid – it blends out easily and doesn’t disrupt the makeup you put under or over it at all. It’s £7.99 in Superdrug!
- Rimmel Sun Shimmer Bronzer – I got this a while ago and haven’t used it recently (especially after getting NARS Laguna) but I ended up using it for an everyday look and fell in love. This blends out beautifully and provides warmth without looking orange. It’s perfect for my skintone (paler than pale) and is really budget friendly too, at £5.59 for the pan. You can get it from Superdrug!
- Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara – I got this sample-size mascara from Feel Unique’s Pick n Mix service (By the way, you can use this link to get money off at Feel Unique!). It’s pricey for the full-size version but I’m absolutely loving this mascara. It provides length and volume without clumping in just a couple of swipes and I’ll be gutted when I run out! Get it from Boots for £21 (I think it’s worth it).
And that’s it for my Favourites this month! As I said at the beginning of the post, I will be doing a ‘Hits and Misses’ video at the beginning of August, so if you want to hear more about these products and the non-beauty Favourites as well as my Worsts for July, then head over to my YouTube channel and subscribe! What were your favourites for this month?