I’ve been nominated for another award! Thank you so much to Rachel from beautyandtheballroom.wordpress.com for the nomination! I’ve been nominated for a few awards recently (here, here, and here), and I’m so grateful for each one <3
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
I started happyhollife on a bit of a whim. I wanted to do something, and I had previously blogged for The Student Room before, where I had amassed something like 75k readers. But I’m not a student anymore (well, I am. I’m at the Open University but as it’s part-time and I’m doing it online, I feel like it doesn’t really count!) so I decided to create my own blog and write about lots of different things. So, I planned a few posts in pencil and decided that I really could do it. And I could make it a good blog, too. I’m still so new to this – my first post was August 1st 2016 – but I feel like I’ve learned a lot so far.
If I was to give advice to new bloggers, it would be: a) plan and schedule your posts in advance. The pressure to get posts up is REAL, so get organised and plan everything a month in advance. I currently have posts planned until April. b) be active in the community. Don’t be that annoying one in the comments asking for a follow or to check out your blog. Actively converse with interesting posts, chat and collaborate with other bloggers. The community is wonderful and we all need to support each other!
My nominations are [not 15, but 5]:
Thank you Rachel again for the nomination!