REVOLUTION STRIPPED & BARE PALETTE
Today’s review is the Revolution Stripped & Bare palette, which is *£6 in Superdrug or *£6 on RevolutionBeauty. I know I do a lot of these reviews, but I love doing them! Revolution is an affordable brand with great makeup to play with.
*links are affiliate links
The palette is unique in that it comes with three separate sections that you can use to create three looks. There are fifteen shades in total, five shades in each section and the palette has a ‘nude’ theme (hence the Stripped & Bare name). I liked the look of this palette for travelling – easy everyday looks set out for you already!
The shades are as follows
- Layers – matte beige with yellow undertones
- Big Tip – very light pink and gold shimmer
- Dignity – matte mauve
- Whipped – gold shimmer
- Chain – bronze shimmer
- Strip Me – matte beige with pink undertones
- Let Loose – pink shimmer
- Get Loose – matte taupe with mauve undertones
- Naked Nights – looks grey in the pan, purple-brown subtle shimmer
- Super Cool – dark grey with purple shimmer
- Dollar Bill – matte light pink
- Desired – olive green shimmer
- Stripped All Day – matte light brown
- Hot – mid-blue shimmer
- Bare 2 – dark grey with blue shimmer
I found the shadows to be pigmented and easy to blend and apply. Let Loose is a bit chunky but still pretty, Big Tip is a great inner corner highlight and the three middle matte shades are all excellent transition shades. I wish there had been one more matte shade instead of the three bottom shimmers – it would have been nice to have a matte for the outer corner.
Here’s a look I created with the last section of shadows. I used Dollar Bill to set my primer, Stripped All Day as transition, Desired on the lid, Bare 2 on the outer corner and finally Hot on the lower lash line, mixed in with some Bare 2 on the lower outer lash line and Big Tip on the inner corner.
What did you think of the palette and the look I created? It’s so simple to create an eye look with the different sections! Remember you can get the palette for *£6 in Superdrug or *£6 on RevolutionBeauty.