I didn’t buy as much makeup this month because it was my husband’s birthday and so my funds needed to be redirected elsewhere. However, I did buy a few bits and was gifted some makeup as well, so I thought I’d share what I picked up!
Disclaimer: I spend most of my income on makeup so I tend to get a lot of it, especially because I want to try and test new things on the blog and my youtube channel, so some might think my hauls are excessive, but please bear in mind that I spend 90% of my income per month (after bills, of course) on it – this is why I’m so broke!
Links are affiliated which means I get a tiny amount of commission from them which goes straight back to keeping the blog running! As always, all opinions are my own.
From Primark this month…
- Holographic Lip Kits – I reviewed these lipkits a few days ago! They were £3 each and come with a lipliner, lipgloss and a loose glitter pigment.
- Kiss-Proof Liquid Lipstick – I love this colour (Coco In Love) and I love the formula of the PS Pro liquid lipsticks. Well worth picking up for £3 each.
- Transparent Pressed Powder – I needed some powder for my Testing Primark Makeup video, so picked this one up for a fiver and was thoroughly impressed!
- Cotton Candy Face, Eyes and Lips set – This kit comes with three eyeshadows, two blushes and a lipstick. I wasn’t impressed, but you can see my full thoughts in the video above.
- Matte Lip Kit – Another lipkit, this time a normal matte lipstick and lipliner in the shade Flutter. A really nice peachy nude colour and I love the formula of these.
- 3in1 Brow Pencil – This brow product is really unique! It has a spoolie, auto pencil and brow powder in one pencil. Great for travelling.
From Boots this month…
- Nyx Dewy Finish Setting Spray – I’ve heard great things about this setting spray so I thought I’d pick it up with my Advantage Card points. You can find it here for £7.
- Nyx Singles – I wanted some single shadows to fill my magnetic palette (that was £5 from Freedom makeup, which you can find on TAMBeauty, which has worldwide shipping, or Superdrug) so I selected six of my favourites. They’re great quality for a pretty low price! You can find the singles here for £2.50 each or there’s more on the Nyx website.
- Nyx Stay Matte But Not Flat Foundation – Another thing from Nyx! This foundation was one of my Favourites this month (read about it here) and for only £6, you can’t really go wrong. You can get it for yourself here.
From Superdrug this month…
- MUA Fire Vixen Palette – MUA recently brought out a few 15-shade palettes, including this one. I couldn’t resist a warm-toned palette to add to my collection! It was only £5, and you can find it here. I also mentioned it in my Favourites this month, so go and have a read.
- Makeup Revolution Rainbow Highlighter – This was sold out within 24 hours online when it first launched, so I was lucky that I spotted it in store a week later! It’s £4 and you can get it from Superdrug or TAMBeauty. You can use the colours individually or together for a blue-green highlight.
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – I needed a replacement of the blogger favourite! This is the first concealer I’ve ever used completely until it was empty, so I’m quite proud of myself. It’s such a great bargain concealer and you can find it at Superdrug for around £4.
- Makeup Revolution Iconic Matte Lipsticks – I have been obsessed with completing my lipstick collection recently, so knew that I had to quickly nab these two in the shades Chauffeur (the most perfect nude) and Looking Ahead (a nude-red). The formula is gorgeous and they’re just £3 from Superdrug or TAMBeauty.
- I ♥ Makeup Naked Chocolate Palette – I think this is one of my favourite purchases this month! This palette has 16 perfect neutral shadows, great for everyday and for nights out. I am in love with it! You can get it for £7.99 from Superdrug or TAMBeauty. I think it may be my new favourite Chocolate palette!
- MUA Soft Suedes Palette – This cute £3.50 palette from MUA is great for travelling. I prefer a matte shadow for everyday, so these 6 neutral shades are perfect for a really quick everyday look. You can pick it up from Superdrug here.
From Feel Unique this month…
- Pick n Mix Samples – The Feel Unique sample service is free; you pick five samples and just pay £3.95 delivery which then gets gifted back to you via a voucher. This month I chose Clinique’s Skin Perfecting base, a Laura Mercier primer, a Lancôme Monsieur Big Mascara and an oil-balancing moisturiser.
- Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creme – I chose the colour Rome, which is very similar to Budapest, which I already have, but I really love the colour and the formula. Feel Unique was having a sale on, which meant I got this for just £3. You can also get your own lip creams from Boots!
- Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray – I got the mini size of the spray as I was feeling a little skint, but I’m in love with it already. It keeps my makeup on ALL day and night. Such a great buy and not too pricey at just under a tenner.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion – Another cult classic. This also kept my eyeshadow on all day and night. I’m in love and can’t believe it’s taken me this long to try it! This was just under £10 as well.
Considering it was a month where I didn’t actually get that much makeup… I still ended up getting quite a lot of makeup. What was your favourite purchase this month?